The minimum computer hardware requirements for InstaCode January 2017 are:
- Pentium CPU
- 1GB of free (available) RAM
- 350MB of available Hard Disk Drive space
- Mouse or other pointing device
- One of: Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 / 8.1, Windows 10, Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008 or Windows Server 2012.
- The minimum display resolution required is 1024 x 576 (Higher display is required for complete display of some Dimple and Bit series) with 16 bit colour (sometimes called 64K colors or 65536 colours) or greater.
- Internet Explorer 7 or later.
A Windows supported printer is optional.
If you run several applications simultaneously you will require more RAM.
These are the minimum requirements, and good performance is dependent on sufficient RAM and adequate CPU speed.